Time & Location
Oct 10, 2023, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Berkshire Innovation Center, 45 Woodlawn Ave, Pittsfield, MA 01201, USA
About the event
We are excited to announce that Cohort 1 of the BIC Manufacturing Academy is in the final stages of their 26 week journey. They have worked extremely hard developing troubleshooting skills and systems thinking and enhancing their human skills.
The academy is comprised of three phases. The first phase focused on the principles of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control). Moving into the second phase, these principles were put into practice in a micro-manufacturing simulation and then in third and final phase, the students identified a real-life problem or opportunity in their firm that they could troubleshoot and problem solve.
The work they have done in this final phase will be presented to the academy instructors, BIC staff, company representatives, and friends and family next week.
Below is the order of presentations, spread over two days. A graduation ceremony will be held each day following the presentations and the timeframe for each evening will be 6:00 – 9:00 PM. Come support your graduate on the day they are presenting!
Tuesday, October 10th
- Rachel Birch and Michelle Jones (Boyd Biomedical)
- Ricky Reynolds (Interprint)
- Jordan Callahan (Pro Workforce Performance / BIC)
- DJ Tanner (General Dynamics Mission Systems)
- Matt McInerney (Interprint)
- Matt Roccabruna (General Dynamics Mission Systems)
Thursday, October 12th
- Luis Ortiz (Sinicon Plastics)
- Garrit Baker (Mativ)
- Robert Smith (Electro Magnetic Applications)
- Jason Hover (Spectrum Plastics)
- Paddy Sullivan (Spectrum Plastics)
- Kenny Loynes (Unistress)
Tuesday, October 10th$0.00